As a user I need to be able to navigate between Namespaces in a way that is intuitive.
I need to be able to set and change default Namespaces and view preferences of the Namespace selected.
Namespace dropdown acceptance criteria
On click Namespace drop down opens
Selected Namespace is displayed in a card format which contains the following information:
• Default state
• Number of Applications
• Number of Datasets
• Number of Streams
• Fast action: Preferences icon - which opens Preference modal
List of all the Namespaces available are ordered alphabetically A-Z
• Unselected Namespaces rows change background color on hover
• On hover hollow default star is displayed
• User can set new default by clicking on the default star icon (star changes from hollow to full) in context without Namespace being selected
• A max of 8 Namespace rows are displayed at the time (plus selected Namespace)
• if there are more than 8 Namespaces rows, a scroll bar appears. Please note that scrolling occurs between selected namespace card and [Add Namespace]
Add Namespace - which will open the "Add Namespace" modal
To close the drop down user has to either:
Click on the main nav Namespace, or
Select one of the Namespaces row (changing default selection will not close the drop down).
Click outside the drop down (no changes in the selection of the Namespace)
Namespace preference modal
Modal opens when user clicks the "preferences" icon.
Use same design as Application and Programs preferences design. Change Title and description
• Set Preferences for Namespace <Namespace Name>
• Specify new or override existing system preferences. These preferences will be accessible in all applications and programs within this namespace.
After the user closes the modal (by either using [Save and Close] or [x]), the Namespace drop down is still open and a confirmation message is displayed.
A confirmation message is displayed: message: "You set new preferences". (see attached mock up).
Preference icon turns green after user add/changes preferences.
Green icon persists until the green header fades after 3 seconds or the user closes the confirmation header. Both actions will make the wrench icon return to its original color
Green header and outline fades after 3 seconds.
Green header can be closed by user by clicking the [x] icon.
Number of Applications, Datasets and Stream need to reflect actual numbers.
Drop down menu should close after user selects Namespace
Divider line between preferences icon and Namespace metrics is not displayed correctly
Setting default: default can be changed by clicking on a hollow star (no on/off toggle within the same namespace)----Improvement
Selected namespace may be displayed as truncated. When user hovers over the name in the card, a tooltip containing the entire name is displayed
Namespaces names should be organized alphabetically A-Z in descending order
When the user opens the namespace drop down, the scrolling position is reset to the top.