you should be able to get back to a drag n drop after clicking "anywhere in the box" to open a text input box.
There should be a couple of behavior changes to this. Once you click send, the box disappears, and you go back to the previous screen. The metrics on the previous (home) screen don't reflect the added events, because it isn't really a refresh.
Here's some suggested behavior:
1. Upload button opens a modal just like today. When there are no events entered in the text box, the Send button is disabled. There is also a Clear button (not available today) that is disabled initially.
2. When you click inside the box, you can input text, one event per line. As soon as the content in the box is non-empty, the Send and Clear buttons are enabled.
3. When you click Send, the events in the input box get uploaded, and you see a success message saying 'n' events were uploaded successfully (or error message with the error).
4. However, after clicking send, the modal does not disappear, it goes back to the original state, which says drag and drop to upload file or click to input events.
5. When you click Clear, there is an "Are you sure" dialog box. If users click on Ok, the modal goes back to original state, where you can either click to input text or upload a file.
6. A close button on the top right or the ESC key can close the dialog box. Once it is closed, the card on the home screen should reflect the added events.
How does that sound
Please change the tool tip of the upload icon on the card to "Upload Events". See attached
Please use the attached
instead of in the upload modal